International School Award
The international school award is an accreditation scheme managed by the British Council and funded in the UK by the government. The award 'recognises and celebrates schools that are committed to developing international partnerships which enrich the curriculum and help young learners to become global citizens.' (britishcouncil.org)
How does Traidcraft help?
The criteria for the ISA are below. Integrating Fairtrade products into school and educating students about the impact they can have through Fairtrade can fulfil 6 of these 8 criteria. They are starred below.
The ISA supports schools to develop:
• An international ethos embedded throughout the school*
• A majority of pupils within the school impacted by and involved in international work*
• Collaborative curriculum-based work with a number of partner schools
• Curriculum-based work across a range of subjects*
• Year round international activity*
• Involvement of the wider community*
• Evaluation from a variety of sources allowing you to improve your activities and your international programme
Unfortunately Traidcraft is not able to assist you with partner schools abroad - but do check out the Papapaa live website (supported by Trading Visions and Comic Relief) where you can set up a live video link between your school and the school in Ghana that the children of cocoa farmers attend. www.papapaalive.org/